The College of Dental Hygienists
The College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (CDHO) is the regulatory body for over 13,000 registered dental hygienists in Ontario.
The CDHO regulates the dental hygiene profession by setting the requirements to be registered as a dental hygienist and establishing practice standards for safe, ethical care for all Ontarians through:
- Ongoing knowledge building;
- Quality assurance activities;
- Articulating and promoting practice standards;
- Establishing requirements for entry to practice; and
- Enforcing practice standards and professional conduct.