Overall Ends Policy
- All Ontarians have access to safe, high quality oral health services.
Ends Policy Criteria #1: Safe, High Quality Professional Practice
- The registered dental hygienists of Ontario demonstrate appropriate professional judgment in their practices.
- Dental hygienists provide safe, effective care consistent with current standards of practice.
- Dental hygienists engage with their clients for optimal oral health outcomes and client-centred care.
- Dental hygienists actively participate in continuous quality improvement that aligns with the current scope of practice.
- Dental hygienists’ knowledge and skills reflect the current scope of practice.
- Dental hygienists engage other Health Professionals to achieve optimal health outcomes.
Ends Policy Criteria #2: Access to Regulatory Process Effectiveness
- The public has timely access to fair, transparent, and impartial regulatory processes.
Ends Policy Criteria #3: Health System and Public Policy Influence
- The people of Ontario are aware of the benefits of oral health care.
- There is equitable access to essential oral health services in Ontario.
- The scope of dental hygiene practice meets the needs of the public and supports access to care.
- Health policy and the health system are enhanced.