About the Register
The “Find a Registered Dental Hygienist” function on the website (also known as the “public register”) is required by law, and offers profiles of all dental hygienists registered in Ontario. This register allows you to:
- Verify an individual dental hygienist’s status (i.e. whether they’re in good standing and allowed to practise in Ontario). Regulated health professionals must meet high standards to start and keep practising. Nobody can use the title of Registered Dental Hygienist in the province of Ontario – unless they’re registered with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (CDHO).
- Find out qualifications (i.e. educational history, when and where professionals obtained their credentials, and special designations).
- Get contact details, like a business address.
- Locate a dental hygienist who speaks your language.
- See if there are any restrictions on a dental hygienist’s registration because of professional conduct issues. These restrictions are called “terms, conditions or limitations”.
- Check on disciplinary proceedings.
If you are having difficulty locating the dental hygienist you are looking for on the public register, you can contact the College for assistance.