Benefits of CDHO's Mentorship Program
- Expanded perspectives, deepened self-knowledge and self-understanding through shared experiences with a trusted colleague.
- Support and guidance during their integration into clinical practice.
- Access to an informed second opinion, aids critical thinking.
- Authorization to self-initiate scaling of teeth, root planing and curettage of surrounding tissue for duration of mentorship.
- Exposure to additional resources and professional networks.
- Professional socialization.
- Recognition for influencing the professional growth of another dental hygienist.
- Exposure to new ideas, other perspectives, and intellectual stimulation.
- Contributes to the professional portfolio as a continuing competency activity.
Public of Ontario:
- Increased access to dental hygiene services provided by dental hygienists who are authorized by the College to self-initiate.
- Dental hygienists participate in, and promote intra- and inter-professional collaboration.