Why get involved?
Council and committee members make policy decisions that are in the public interest and further CDHO’s mandate of regulating the practice of dental hygiene. By participating in the election, either as a candidate or through voting, you are influencing the future of dental hygiene practice and regulation of the profession in Ontario. By standing for election, RDHs have the opportunity to join a committed group of their peers and government-appointed public members on Council, working together to safeguard the public interest in access to safe, competent and ethical dental hygiene care.
Interested in running?
If you are interested in running for Council, please follow these steps.
- Review the Eligibility Criteria – Article 3 in Bylaw No. 5.
- Review the Council Competency Profile. This document outlines the competencies (i.e., knowledge, skill and judgment) that Council needs in individual members and Council as a whole. This profile is not meant to exclude individuals who feel they do not meet all the competencies. Rather, it is used to determine those areas where CDHO can provide further training to Council members. RDHs elected to Council complete a Council member self-assessment, which will be used to identify opportunities for further training.
- Attend an information session.
- Download and complete the nomination package.
- Mail or email the nomination package to:
Office of the Registrar
College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario
175 Bloor Street East, North Tower, Suite 601
Toronto, ON M4W 3R8
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com or 416-961-6234 ext. 223.