Council has set broad strategic directions for the College through four outcomes called ends statements.
The College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (CDHO) exists so that people who access Registered Dental Hygienists (RDHs) in Ontario receive safe, ethical, quality dental hygiene services where the worth of results justifies expenditure of available resources.
- RDHs provide safe, effective care consistent with current standards of practice.
• Dental hygiene practice reflects the evolving needs of the public and supports access to care.
• RDHs actively participate in continuous quality improvement that aligns with the current scope of practice.
• RDHs demonstrate professional judgment in their practice.
• RDHs engage with their clients for optimal oral health outcomes and client-centered care.
- RDHs engage other professionals to achieve optimal health outcomes for Ontarians.
- Decision makers have evidence-informed and actionable information, particularly in the areas of dental hygiene practice, regulating the practice of dental hygiene and access to essential oral health services in Ontario.
- The public has access to information about the benefits of the regulated dental hygiene practice, the role of CDHO and CDHO’s regulatory processes.
These four ends statements set high-level goals; the College’s Registrar is charged with achieving them. The College aims to do so with transparency.