Only people registered with CDHO may call themselves a Registered Dental Hygienist, use the abbreviation RDH or use any variation of these two titles. The individuals below are not registered with CDHO and are not authorized to practise as a Registered Dental Hygienist in Ontario.
List of Illegal Practitioners
CDHO received concerns that Ms. Bobak may have held herself out as a dental hygienist while working at dental clinics in Mississauga, Stoney Creek, Cambridge, and Guelph between 2020 and 2021.
Romana Bompa-Macrae (also known as Romana Melas, Romana Bompa and Claudia Bompa)
Romana Bompa-MacRae appeared before the Discipline Committee on January 17, 2014. Part of the order was to suspend her certificate of registration for 12 months subject to a reduction on satisfying certain terms and conditions. View the decision under the “Discipline” tab.
After serving 19 days of the suspension, Ms. Bompa-MacRae resigned her certificate of registration, effective February 5, 2014. She has not been entitled to practise since January 17, 2014. Her registration history can also be found via the above link.
On February 14, 2017, Justice Penny of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice ordered that:
- Ms. Bompa-Macrae comply with section 4 and 9 of the Dental Hygiene Act, 1991 and section 27 of the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 in that she refrain from
– Using the title “dental hygienist” or a variation or abbreviation or equivalent in another language;
– Holding herself out as a person who is qualified to practise in Ontario as a dental hygienist or in a specialty of dental hygiene; and
– Performing any controlled acts including scaling teeth or root planing.
Ms. Bompa-Macrae was also ordered to pay $5,000.00 in costs to the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario.
CDHO received concerns that Ms. Sahota may have held herself out as a dental hygienist while working at dental clinics in Orleans and Rockland between October 2021 and January 2023.
If you know of someone who calls themselves a Registered Dental Hygienist or RDH and you cannot find them on the public register, contact the Complaints and Investigations Department at 1-800-268-2346 ext. 237 or 240, or firstname.lastname@example.org
CDHO will investigate and may:
- inform the person that they must be registered with the College to use the title;
- issue a cease and desist order; or
- proceed with a court injunction or a prosecution.