All Registered Dental Hygienists with a General/Specialty Certificate of Registration must hold professional liability insurance that meets the College’s requirements:
- Minimum coverage of $1 million per occurrence.
- Minimum annual aggregate coverage of $5 million.
- Maximum deductible of $4,000 per occurrence.
- Run-off coverage (enduring or tail coverage) for a minimum of two years.
- Provided by an insurer licensed by the Financial Services Commission of Ontario or the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada.
- Includes an endorsement that provides coverage for sexual abuse therapy and counselling for every person eligible for funding, under subsection 85.7(4) of the Health Professions Procedural Code, as a result of sexual abuse by the Registered Dental Hygienist.